A simple, healthy and delicious chapati recipe. Carrot and dhania are packed with vitamin and other nutrients that makes this a perfect meal for your kids.
3 cups all purpose flour
1 large grated carrot
A bunch of dhania chopped into tiny pieces
Salt to taste
Warm water as required
- In a big bowl mix the flour, carrot, salt, 2tbsp oil and dhania.
- Add little water at a time and knead the flour until you have a soft but firm dough and not sticky.
- Cover the dough with a cloth towel or serviette and let it sit for about 20 minutes.
- Roll out your dough on a slightly floured surface and apply butter or oil on top.
- Slice the dough into 10 to 12 strips and roll them up to form a coil like shape. Make a coiled ball and press it down to make it flat.
- Roll out the balls one at a time into a circular shape and brush some oil on top. Fold and roll them like in step 5 above.
- Roll out your balls into a circular shape using your rolling pin on a slightly floured surface.
- In a hot tawa(pan), place your rolled out chapati and fry on both sides on medium heat until it’s golden brown. Place in a plastic container so they stay soft. Serve after 10 – 20 minutes with stew or a cup of chai.